Volume 4, Issue 2 (7-2014)                   J Health Saf Work 2014, 4(2): 51-58 | Back to browse issues page

XML Persian Abstract Print

Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Arab F, Omidvari M, Nasiripour A A. Investigating of the effect of Biorhythm on work-related Accidents. J Health Saf Work. 2014; 4 (2) :51-58
URL: http://jhsw.tums.ac.ir/article-1-5146-en.html
1- Msc., Department of HSE, Collage of Environmental and Energy, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran University of Medical Science, Tehran , arab.fa90@gmail.com
2- Assistant Professor of Industrial Department, Industrial and Mechanical Engineering Faculty, Qazvin Branch, Islamic Azad University, Qazvin
3- Associate Professor, Department of Health Services Management, Collage of Management and Economics, Tehran Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran
Abstract:   (10698 Views)

Introduction: Biorhythm is one of the newest subject in the field of cognition of mental ergonomics which can be very effective in reduction of work-related accidents or mistakes with no apparent reason.
Material and Method: This research is a cross-sectional, retrospective, practical and analytical-descriptive study. Delijan cement production company during 2010-2011. Census method was applied and totally 79 accidents (total of the accidents) were investigated. The required information was collected from available documents in HSE unit of the company biorhythm charts were drawn based on a dates of accidents and participants birthdays, using Natural Biorhythm Software V3.02. Human errors were classified according to reason model and were analyzed by SPSS-W software.
Result: The results of analysis showed that 40% of accidents have been accrued in usual days and the other 60% in critical days of biorhythm cycle. Regarding errors leading to accidents, it was observed that 95% of accidents were related to human error and 5% related to equipment errors. Moreover, 65.8% of the human errors were associated with the slipping which happens during performing a task, according to reason model.
Conclusion: Findings of this research showed that bad and critical days of individuals’ biorhythms cycle influence the occurrence of accidents. Therefore, by training and increasing the knowledge of workers regarding biological cycle and its effects on mental, emotional and physical status, each person effects can make some changes to theire work plans during days that they do not feel well, physically or mentally, in order to prevent the likely accidents.

Full-Text [PDF 626 kb]   (3820 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research |
Received: 2014/06/30 | Accepted: 2014/06/30 | Published: 2014/06/30

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:

Send email to the article author

Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2022 , Tehran University of Medical Sciences, CC BY-NC 4.0

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb